Friday, November 03, 2017

Cutest Lunch Date

Yesterday was my granddaughter Geneva's 5th birthday which means a morning shopping trip and lunch. She is a shoe girl and wanted to shop for shoes. Like last year, we found some super cute, great deals at Ross! Geneva took home a new pair of tall boots - perfect to wear with leggings this fall - and two pair of ballet flats. One pair light burgundy with a perfect bow on the toe; the other pair silvery gray with a poofy rose on the toe. Both will complement any Christmas outfit she comes up with this year! We also went to a couple other shops in the strip mall we were in, but after Michaels, she was ready for lunch. And lunch was at Red Robin, on the advice of her older sister. She ate every bit and her birthday sundae too!


On the stitching front this week, I did finish that "L" square of Red Velvet Inscription, and with that a row finish too!


Then I decided to pull out Victoria Sampler Jingle Bell Xmas Tree Farm, I'm at the really fiddly part of the top portion of the sampler. I put in the confetti snowfall, added the little trees, the needles of the far left tree, and a cardinal. The plan is to stitch on it more this evening, then bring out Coffee Quaker for the weekend.


And over last weekend, I got the need for some new stash. Oh my, I really don't need any of it! But it's nice to freshen up your choices now and then. I ordered patterns from The Silver Needle, and some fabric and needles from 123 Stitch.



Both fabrics are 36 ct linen, the larger is Platinum, the other is Vintage Light Exemplar. And then there are my favorite Bohin needles. Always need new needles - it's the simple pleasures.

Well, tomorrow is the big day - the state cross country meet - right here in the Tri-Cities. The weather is not the best around the state, especially for those coming over the mountain passes. Snow and rain all over. Hopefully during the races tomorrow, it won't be too bad.

That's all for now, my friends. Have a great stitchy weekend!

10 comments:

diamondc said...

Oh my what a beautiful little lunch date you had she is positively adorable, she is the luckiest girl to have two pair of ballet shoes and new boots.
RedRobin Yummy.
Love the Sampler it is stunning.
Your Victoria Design is sweet, I had to pin them both to my stitching on Pinterest.

Blessings
Catherine

RJ said...

What an adorable little lunch partner you had Von. You can tell she enjoyed her special day. We just went to Red Robin the other night and it was very good so I know you both had fun there. I love all the stitches you are working on...they are all looking beautiful. And your new purchases are fantastic. I agree about those needles...they are the best! Love the colors of your linens. Have a lovely weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

Oh your granddaughter is precious. Your stitching is so very pretty.

Pamela said...

The birthday girl looks happy. The Christmas tree farm is gorgeous!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your lunch and shopping date is a cutie, Von. I know she had a good time with her Grandma. Your new purchases look great along with the progress on the Victoria Sampler piece. Enjoy your weekend!

Barb said...

What an adorable lunch partner!! She reminds me of my sister who also loved shoes at about her age. I loved the stash. I have been thinking of doing those PS designs. I think there is one for every season. Enjoy the week-end but stay warm!!

Marilyn said...

What a cute Birthday girl!
I bet she had a blast.
Great progress on your projects, and great stash!
Love the fabric for Velvet.
Good luck at the meet.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Von, Geneva is adorable and is certainly enjoying her BD with you. I love those Plum Street patterns you purchased and your progress pieces are gorgeous. I only stitch with Bohin needles, so easy to thread them! Have a wonderful weekend. Mary

Julie said...

Geneva is a very pretty young lady, Happy Birthday wishes to her.
Good luck to the runners, hope they did well.

Brigitte said...

Must have been a wonderful date - for you and for her :))
Those Plum Street patterns are really great, and I'm sure you can't wait to start them. Buying new fabrics is alway a big treat for me as well.