Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

As I mentioned in my last post, Saturday was our regional cross country meet up in Spokane an Wandermere Golf Course. It was a gorgeous day so Gary and I did drive to Spokane to watch the teams race. What a rare fall day for regionals! So often we've had wind and rain, sometimes just plan frigid temperatures with fog making for an uncomfortable day. But with the sun shining brightly, I even took off my sweater at times as we walked/jogged from viewpoint to viewpoint for the races.
Our Kamiakin High School boys and girls teams are both going to state this weekend - the boys team winning the regional title, and the girls came in 2nd place! This is the first time the boys have placed 1st in school history! Very much worth the drive!

With spending all day Saturday traveling, my stitching progress took a hit. But I did have a chance on Sunday afternoon to get more done on the Lizzie Kate Christmas Mystery Sampler.


On Monday, I decided to pull out Red Velvet Inscription (Blue Ribbon Designs) and continued on the "L" square.


This project is on 40 ct linen, 1 over 2. When I get this square finish I'll get to start the center section of the design.

Halloween day - and the end of another month! The wind is picking up here, just enough to blow leaves off the trees and into the house when you open the door. It's really looking like fall. The kids will have a pretty good night for trick or treating with clear skies and no rain.

Oh, and yesterday my son and daughter-in-law came by to deliver a little bit of news regarding their new one on the way!



Yay! Another little girl!! And best of all the baby is looking strong and healthy.

So I'm having a great week. Hope you are too!


6 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on the little girl. How exciting! This has been the best October I can remember since we moved here. I am so glad the kids will get to enjoy trick-or-treating tonight, NO RAIN!!

RJ said...

How exciting Von...a brand new baby girl in the family. Congratulations to your track teams...great job! Love all of your stitching. I'm looking forward to seeing the Lizzie Kate sampler completed. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on your cross country teams! Woohoo! The LK piece is looking good and I really like the BRD piece. Go Von Go! Congratulations on the news about the new baby girl who will be arriving!

Mary said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Lovely stitching too! Mary

Vickie said...

Oh Von a new baby girl on the way is the best of news. Congratulations.

Julie said...

Exciting news you have a healthy little lady on the way.
Lovely pretty stitchy piece