Friday, October 27, 2017

Let There Be "Peace"

My October 17 start, "Peace" is finished - before the end of the month!


I haven't done a lot of stitching on 36 count linen, but both Peace and Spot of Autumn were done on it and I must say I like it a lot! No worries about multiple strands of floss laying flat, just one strand of floss and the coverage is quite nice over two fabric threads. You just might be seeing more projects on 36 ct.

With two little finishes this week, I pulled out the Lizzie Kate Christmas Mystery to work on and hopefully get done soon, before the last installment shows up in my mailbox.


My husband returned home safely from his business trip to Charlotte, NC. It's good to have him back. But I cannot believe that he forgot to buy the Starbucks  mug in the "You Are Here" series!! He's trying to make it better by saying that we'll get back there sometime. Sigh. Well, I will just have to hold him to that, lol!

We've had a gorgeous fall week here in the Mid-Columbia! Lots of sun and temps in the 60s. Cannot complain about that.

High school cross country is coming to a close soon and state regional meets are this weekend. The twins are both helping to coach their high school team and will be going up to Spokane later today. With the weather being so nice, I think Gary and I might take a drive up there tomorrow to watch the meet. Sounds fun!

Hope you have some fun this weekend too!


12 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Von,

I really like the Peace stitch. Was that in a cross stitch magazine? I'm hoping I have it. And I look forward to progress on your Lizzie Kate stitch. It's coming along so well. Have a great weekend. RJ

Pamela said...

Both are fabulous. I like the look of 36 over that of 28. It's raining here again today as Typhoon 22 heads our way.

Mary said...

Von, I love the Peace stitch too, where did you find it? I'm a bird nut and I love the saying. Stitching with one thread is my favorite...less knotting, lays flat and once you get used to the smaller weave it's easy...You did a great job!!! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Barb said...

Peace is so pretty Von. We are having amazing weather here too. We took a ferry ride to Seattle today just for the fun of it. Have a good week-end. It should be a good one for almost anything!

Kay said...

This i beautiful. I have just yesterday pulled out my pattern to do this too. x

Vickie said...

Hi Von! I love Peace, I have that one on my to do list for quite a while. Hope you get that mug my friend. ;)

Kristen said...

Lovely finish! If you like 36ct, try 40ct. It's not as hard to see as you might think and the coverage is even better.

Daffycat said...

A beautiful finish, Von! Congratulations! I like the fabric a lot.

Julie said...

Such a pretty finish.
Good luck to the High school teams.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Von, your Peace finish is gorgeous. Good progress on the LK piece!

Marilyn said...

Peace is so pretty.
Great progress on the mystery.
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

That's such a lovely finish.
I also love stitching on 36 ct fabric, and sometimes I stitch with two threads and sometimes I only take one. Depends on what thread I use.