Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New Stash from the Attic

With plenty of stash already in my craft room, I really shouldn't have bought more, but I don't often get an opportunity to visit a real needlework store. Resistance was futile. I did show great restraint though, finally settling on materials for one project and just a small addition to my collection of linen and silks.


I saw Blue Ribbon Designs Red Velvet Inscription Sampler on the wall, stitched over 1 thread (ivory) on 40 ct. obre-dyed linen (brick red color). It was stunning! I stuck my neck out and bought 40 ct. fabric, but I'm planning to stitch over 2 and will still need to use magnification! It's a gorgeous piece of linen by Colorscapes in Rosewood. Then I chose GA floss in Linen - so pretty. I also bought GA in Loganberry to play with a little, maybe stitch the alphabet with it, maybe  not. It'll be gorgeous!

I picked up of piece of 32 ct. Lakeside linen in Cedar Plank, for no good reason.


And then I have this LOVE for silks. Showing more restraint I bought 4 skeins of Gloriana, 2 in Lavender Ice and 2 in Rosebud. I like to leave them out to just look at. :)

On to current stitching:

After finishing the April Needleroll from Victoria Sampler, I decided to get the March Needleroll out of my stash and work on that! These stitch up quickly and can be framed in a 5x7 frame which you can find anywhere. Here's a progress pic of the wrinkly project.


It's a busy week getting ready to host my Bunco group again! Finding prizes is always a challenge, but I finally succeeded this afternoon. Now to come up with some food ideas, make the cards, and get my house clean!

Who wants to clean house when it's 70 degrees outside!! The forsythia are starting to bloom so that means it's time to prune the roses. I made a start on it yesterday, whacking away and leaving the mess to clean up later. But today I must concentrate on Bunco preparations.

I hope you're having a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

Oh so great, what you purchased here. This linen for the Blue Ribbon piece has a fantastic colour, it will be so great when used with the thread you bought for it, too. And also the other piece of linen and the silks - a real little dream.
Nice progress on your March project.

Julie said...

I've seen the Blue Ribbon stitched up over 2 and it looks wonderful, good luck with yours.
Nice new threads, pretty colours.
It's lovely to see a little sunshine, your needleroll project just shouts 'SPRING'

Vickie said...

Oh my! Oh my! That is going to stupendous!!!

Melissa said...

Von, you had incredible willpower just to come back with "so little"! The colours of the linen and silks are gorgeous!

It's not as warm where I am but it's still such a warm, early Spring! Today it's raining but we need some of that too!

Happy Stitching!

Barb said...

Your March needle roll is already looking pretty. I think you used great restraint at the Attic. That place abounds in temptations!!

Carol said...

You had to buy a few new things--that just wouldn't have been right to come home empty-handed! Lovely acquisitions and your little needlerolls are going to be so sweet when all finished up :)

Anne said...

Beautiful new stash from the Attic!! What a lucky gal to get to go there! Very pretty needleroll you started too!

Annette-California said...

I have looked at your pretty new stash & silks at least twice! Those colors are gorgeous! Lovely progress on March needleroll. love Annette