Thursday, May 01, 2014

Getaway

The day after Easter, DH and I jumped a plane and headed for Cabo San Lucas for a week in the sun!


Relaxing in the sun was just what I needed. Didn't get any stitching done, but I did read four books and spent time at the pool, ate really great food, and got a couple of massages, plus a sunset cruise. What surprised me was that DH relaxed too and wasn't itching to go out and about.

Now we're home and I've been out in the garden. A pretty shrub I've enjoyed the last few years didn't survive the hard pruning I gave it, so I dug it up. In its place I moved a lavender bush that was crowded between two roses. So far it seems to have taken the transplanting well.

There are so many little chores calling my name and with the wonderful weather this week, I've been answering!

I hope your week is a productive one!

6 comments:

Annette-California said...

Your getaway sounds like you had a terrific time! How lovely that you really did get to relax and enjoy the trip. Happy for you.
love Annette
ps Welcome home

Barb said...

I hope your trip was wonderful!!! We have had some great weather on this side of the mountains too! It will be awhile before I get pack to my garden! Guess I'll just have to be a straw boss to the DH.

Carol said...

Welcome back--your trip sounds delightful (especially the sunset cruise!)... Hope your wonderful weather continues (and please send some of it east--it is a very cool 58!).

Catherine said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Julie said...

A sunset cruise... how lovely

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing time.Curious to hear which books you read.