Saturday, April 19, 2014

Repurposing

I love bags! And totes, and purses, and bins, and all sorts of organizational items. I have several of those plastic mesh bags to keep stitching projects - love them! Zip loc bags are awesome for sorting different kinds of stash.

But one day while shopping at a Daiso store (a Japanese dollar store), I found these cute little plastic paper holders. I bought a couple thinking I'd use them for stamping projects in progress, but right now I'm using one for the bird projects I've been working on. It's about 3/4 inch deep and the latch keeps things from falling out. I'm finding it convenient to have open in my lap to keep all my supplies at hand, but contained - at least for a smallish project like this.



What have you repurposed to organize your projects or stash?

5 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love bags and containers too!!! I always think how can I use this to organize my stitching?

Julie said...

I have a couple like that, I wonder where I have put them???

Brigitte said...

These little containers look great for smaller projects. I have never seen them before maybe I should be on the lookout for them. I have all my started projects in zip lock bags, and these are in different plastic containers - one for older big projects, one for newer WIPs, one for kitted projects. Zip lock bags are perfect because they hold everything I need when I want to continue stitching on a project. No more searching around for threads or scissors or needles.

Margaret said...

What a great project container. I have a few something like this 12x9x1.5 (yup $1) as well a some project bags from Big Lots. There is a basket beside my chair which contains the boxed/bagged projects I'm currently working on.

Catherine said...

What a great idea! Love those containers!