Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Going Way Back

In going through my stash recently, I happened upon a bin with more stitched finishes and wips. Some of these go far back into the past, like a Noah's Ark sampler I stitched while pregnant with the twins - 21 years ago!

One project I found hasn't been seen since 2007. It's Linen Closet Labels by Liberty Street Designs. One design from the leaflet is finished.


 The companion design was so close to being finished that I can't understand why I didn't get it completed! All that needs to be done is the beading and the Kreinik braid that makes it sparkle.


This is Silk Threads. Both pieces are on 32 count gray linen and I used Thread Gatherer silk floss to stitch the design. Getting the beads on is a little tedious and I'm using invisible thread to stitch them and that stuff isn't the easiest to work with. I love these designs and I can't wait to have them on my finish board!

We're having a beautiful spring week and I'm getting quite a bit done in the yard. In fact, I have to go to Costco tomorrow for a new box of yard waste bags. For a small lot, we sure collect a lot of debris! Of course, much of that was rose prunings from 75 bushes. :) And leaves, so many leaves from our trees and those of the neighborhood that get blown in and caught in the corners and against the fences.

Tomorrow it's errands and more yard work, then in the evening Gary and I are going to hear the Glen Miller band at Kennewick High School. Looking forward to a night out!




9 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Wow - I remember this project from way back! Beautiful.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a fun and beautiful finish (and almost finished) piece to find! They're really pretty and I can't wait to see how you use them. Have fun on your night out!

Brigitte said...

I love going through myWIP and finihsed-projects bin and it's always fun to discover all these lovely pieces. Your two projects look gorgeous and I have never seen them before. Congratulations on finishing one of them, and the second will follow soon.

Maggie said...

They are both beautiful pieces, I've never seen either one of them before.

Have a great night out!

Julie said...

Very beautiful, not a design I have seen before.

Mary Ann said...

Lovely pieces!

Carol said...

What great finds in your bin! Hope you get the Silk Threads finished up soon...

Wow! 75 rose bushes--I am so envious. We can't grow a decent rose around here no matter how hard we try. I think our soil has too much clay in it or something. Make sure to post a photo when they're all in bloom!

Jackie said...

I've never seen these designs. They are really beautiful.
Thanks for stopping in. I appreciate it very much.
Jackie:)

Catherine said...

Love these ~ great colors!