Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Unappreciated Gifts - Todays SBQ


Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Outi (http://www.livejournal.com/users/snowprincipessa/ ) and is:

Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2005/10/a-gift-sbq/

I suppose this has happened, but I'm too oblivious to realize it! In more recent years, I do try to give such a gift only to someone I believe will appreciate it. And once it's given, the stitched piece is theirs to do with as they please. Recently though, while visiting my DBIL and family, I discovered the framed wedding sampler I stitched for them 21 years ago still on display. Very gratifying :)

No comments: