Saturday, October 01, 2005

Already October

Yes, it's here aleady - October. I've been reading the September accomplishments of many stitching bloggers and their October goals. My jaw just drops at the length of these lists! I could make equally long lists, but checking anything off the list would happen so seldom that it would only make the goals list a wish list.

Nevertheless, I did finish a couple of projects this month: "Home of a Needleworker" by Little House Needleworks was mounted and framed by me, and "Summer Banner" by Victoria Sampler. For October I'd like to finish "Autumn Banner" and begin "Winter". I've also ordered the 2005 JCS Ornament issue so I'll be compelled to stitch some ornaments. My church's Silent Auction is coming in November and I really must decide what I'm going to make for that!

Tonight starts the new round of "Gracefull Dinners" wherein members of our church, Grace URC, practice forced hospitality. Not really, you sign up, then on the first Saturday of each month four couples meet in one of their homes. Each couple is assigned a portion of the dinner to provide so the host doesn't have to prepare the entire meal, thus making the entertaining so much easier. Each month you are with a different group of people, perhaps even couples you don't know at all, so you're able to get to know one another better than just talking after church. It's really lots of fun!

No comments: