After taking the entire month of December off from stitching and blogging, it's time to start again. We had a great month of parties, baking, eating, family, gifts, Amazon Prime deliveries then ended with me catching a cold and generally feeling run down. So I spent NYE and Day at home, watching football and the Rose Parade, and starting a new stitching project.
This is Promise of Spring by Silver Creek Samplers. I think this is my first project by this designer. I like the alphabet and the sentiment to remind me that these gray days will become bright, sunny, and warm again. I've chosen to stitch with DMC rather than the GAST threads called for and am using a 32 ct Picture This Plus linen in Dapple. Promise of Spring is not a large design, so I should be able to finish it up quickly - for me.
Speaking of finishes, I had a pretty good number of them in 2017, fifteen in all.
1. A Spot of Winter - The Drawn Thread
2. Joyful World SAL, December - Snowflower Diaries
3. Blossoms and Blackbirds - LHN
4. Be Mind - Hands on Designs
5. L-O-V-E - Hands on Designs
6. Daisy Sampler - CCN
7. Springtime - Victoria Sampler by Cathy Jean
8. Hello Spring - Plum Street Samplers
9. Happy Birthday Sampler - Victoria Sampler
10. Pure Love - Snowflower Diaries
11. Spirit of Christmas #1 - Lizzie Kate
12. Spot of Autumn - The Drawn Thread
13. Peace - Blackbird Designs
14. Coffee Quaker - Heartstring Samplery
15. Spirit of Christmas #2 - Lizzie Kate
As for goals for 2018, I'll just take things as they come.
So here we go into 2018. May God grant us all health and peace.