Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Happy Birthday Sampler

My weekend stitching resulted in a very satisfying finish of the Victoria Sampler Happy Birthday Sampler.


It's difficult to get a good picture of this long narrow piece, but you can catch glimpses of sparkle from the beads that are sprinkled throughout. This was designed to celebrate Victoria Sampler's 20th anniversary this year at the retreat that I attended in April. I did a little change to celebrate my 60th birthday by changing out the number in the cupcake holder near the bottom, as well as using different color linen than the one provided. The linen is the color of DMC 928 and I love how the white pops off and the colors glow on it.

And this is the first retreat piece that I have finished! (Hanging head in shame, lol!)

After finishing the beading, I've taken a couple days away from my stitching. But I will be working on VS Babe's Honey Farm.

Stay tuned for further developments.

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Von, congratulations on your stunning finish. I like your choice on the fabric color. Enjoy your day!

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous! I'm so impressed with it. Well done!

diamondc said...

Hi Robin: I have hung my head in shame many times, I am finally getting some of my retreat finish's done yahoo.
Your Happy Birthday Sampler is beautiful.
Thank-you for sharing with us.

Blessings
Catherine

Kay said...

Simply stunning. x

Julie said...

Fabulous finish, a wonderful celebration of your special birthday.

Vickie said...

I just keep looking at it!! It is so pretty!! Love it!

Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, it is wonderful!

Barb said...

Great job Von! It is beautiful.

Brigitte said...

This is such a beautiful piece, Von. Congratulations on finishing it.

Carol said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish--just love staring at all those beautiful details and stitches! Well done, Von :)