Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Progressing

I've been taking a few minutes most days to add a length of floss or two to Red Velvet Inscription. Progress this way is not a lot, but with some time more often, I might get this thing finished sooner rather than later! I really do enjoy working on it.

Red Velvet Inscription
Over the weekend our family had two celebrations. On Saturday our church had a special time of celebrating 20 years by going back to the place where we first held services - at the Grange Hall. We had a potluck and a time of sharing memories and it was just lovely. On Sunday after church service, everyone came to our house for Isaac's first birthday party. What joy he's brought to our family!

Then I finished up the first part of Lizzie Kate's Christmas Mystery sampler. I'm loving the non-traditional color scheme!



This morning, I finished up another row in the VS Happy Birthday Sampler, and started another row.


The multi-colored row is called Irish stitch in the leaflet, and underneath is a row of ray stitches.

I've been thinking that I'll put the Beach Cottage project on hiatus and bring out Babe's Honey Farm as it has a little feeling of fall. And I'm looking forward to receiving Part 2 of the Christmas Mystery. It'll be here before I know it!

Have a great week and stitch ALL the things!!

6 comments:

CathieJ said...

I just found your blog through Blacksheep's Bit of the Web and I am enjoying scrolling through it I really like your stitching.

Pamela said...

The birthday sampler is gorgeous!

Barb said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful seek-end with family and friends. Red Velvet is so pretty . White is not my favorite color floss to stitch with so I'm not sure I would ever get it done. Have a good coming week-end!

Vickie said...

Your church celebration sounds wonderful. How can little Isaac be one already?! I really like those colors of the LK Christmas piece.

Brigitte said...

I think the one-thread-a-day works fine on a project and it goes faster than you ever expect. Nice progress on all your projects. I particularly love the Irish stitch with its lovely colours.

Julie said...

The Christmas Mystery looks so beautiful.
Irish stitch is a new one to me.... a great addition.