Friday, November 11, 2016

Joyful World - December

It's hard to believe that the Joyful World SAL is at the end with yesterday's release of the December design. I haven't been one to join in on many SALs, preferring to stitch as I please. But there was something about that January design that appealed to me in its simplicity and sweetness. I stitched it and was hooked, always looking forward to the next design. I'm going to miss that anticipation!

Since last night was Bunco night, I didn't have a chance to get the project kitted up. But this morning I dragged out the floss boxes and got it ready to go.

My kit for Joyful World SAL - December
I've decided to stitch December on 32 ct. Parchment, mostly using DMC and a couple of GAST skeins. I'm planning to swap out most of the black 310 for a softer GAST Chimney Sweep.

When I finish up December, I'm planning to start Victoria Sampler Christmas Tree Farm, a companion design to Babe's Honey Farm. I separated the accessory pac a long time ago, and I have the called for linen, so it's time to get it started! I can't wait!

Just a little consolation for having to say goodbye to the Joyful World.

Have a great weekend and keep on stitching!


7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I am yet to start the Joyful World SAL but I intend to stitch them next year, I hope.

Pamela said...

I really like these designs and have seen them on several blogs. I wish I had stitched along this year!

diamondc said...

Love the SAL you have been doing, what fun, I have never done a SAL but maybe someday.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

Your first paragraph could have been written by me Von. I feel exactly as you do. :)

Julie said...

The December design is superb, I do like that one. Better crack on with October lol.

Barb said...

Your new projects will keep you very busy!

Sheryl S. said...

The Joyful World SAL is so lovely each month, I am way behind with mine.