Thursday, November 03, 2016

A New Start

A couple of weeks ago I was going through some of my stash and this design said, "Me, me!"

It was Babe's Honey Farm Sampler by Victoria Sampler. I remember seeing this one finished in the home of its designer, Thea Dueck, at the last VS retreat I attended. It just seemed to glow and I had to take it home. I bought the acc pac, but not the fabric. There wasn't a piece of linen in my stash that was appropriate, so the hunt was on for Golden Sand Cashel. My usual online shops didn't list it, so I put in a request at the Silver Needle website to see if they had it. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything from them, and then on Saturday afternoon, my cell phone rang - it was the Silver Needle! They didn't have Golden Sand and we talked about our options, finally settling on Sandstone in 28ct linen. Color me impressed to get a phone call from a distant shop to help me with a fabric choice for my project!

The fabric arrived Wednesday and it looks like a great choice for the sampler!


I bought a fat quarter, so plenty for the Honey Farm and more projects in the future!

This morning a started the process of separating all the floss and ribbons from the acc pac. This pack has two bundles of floss. In each bundle the floss colors are different enough to make identification of each strand very easy.


All these little bags will either go on a ring, or maybe "filed" in a pouch. So far I've separated one bundle and will finish the job after work tonight.

Can't wait to get started!

10 comments:

Pamela said...

This looks like a great new project. It is such fun to start something new!

Barb said...

That looks like it will be very pretty! I will remember The Silver Needle, that shows such good customer service.

viv said...

This one called my name as well....and is still in my stash. I'll have fun watching your progress. I have always had good service from Silver Needle. Happy stitching.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

I have that in my stash! Love it!

Melissa said...

Isn't it wonderful when you find a design that screams "Stitch me!"? Happy Stitching!

Marilyn said...

This is a great Sampler, good choice!
Can't wait to see your progress.
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

Oh my Von, your new project is so beautiful. I can see why you have to start it right away. And the fabric you received looks like the one on the project picture. This should be a fun stitch.

Vickie said...

Oh it's beautiful Von.

Carol said...

Oh, that will be a delightful project, Von, and the fabric looks so perfect for it! I really love those designs--have a Christmas one started, but barely. I really need to get back to it :)

Julie said...

Looking forward to watching this one grow.