Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Working the Rotation

Rotating between July and May designs in the Joyful World SAL has been working out really well for me lately. I've been doing a little stitching in the morning, then again in the evening when I really should be doing other chores. Then the next day I pick up the other project to work on for the day. About all I've done is stitch, walk, work, and errands.

Here's my progress over the last few days:



Rotations haven't worked for me very well in the past, but now that I'm trying to catch up in the series, I feel like I'm making up for lost time without getting bored from concentrating on one project. Perhaps my attention span is getting shorter as I'm getting older and that's why it's working now, lol! Whatever!

The weather here has been quite mild for the summer! We had our company picnic on the 10th and it was the first time it was cloudy and windy and under 80 degrees! The frozen t-shirt contest was not as popular as when it's 95 degrees! But at the end of the day, I didn't feel wiped out as I usually do, so I'm not really complaining. It's quite unusual considering the heat wave we had this spring that jump started all the crops and then it's been mild ever since. But it looks like tomorrow will be 95 degrees, much more like a Tri-Cities summer! After all, the hydroplanes will be arriving next week for the Water Follies starting on the 29th - normally it's high 90s to 100s for the races.

So back to my little rotation and I'll be back soon with some finishes maybe!

5 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Both pieces are looking great! You'll be caught up in no time.

viv said...

Great progress.

Vickie said...

The Water Follies sounds really neat, but boy that is too hot for me!
Your stitching looks great and is almost there!

Carol said...

Great job on your SAL pieces--that is a good idea to rotate. I know my attention space has gotten shorter as I've gotten older--I just can't seem to sit and stitch for hours like I used to!

Hope you stay cool--we are up in the 90s here the next few days. Way too hot for PA!

Barb said...

Joyful World is such a pretty design. We are getting warmer over here too. Looks like we might even get to use the new AC! So far, it has been my kind of summer!