Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pineapple Express

Woohoo! The wind started blowing in some warm air from Hawaii way, whisking away the clouds and rain, leaving us with a brightly shining sun! What a lift the sun brings to my spirit.

While the gray skies were oppressing us, I did get a little bit of stitching done. Convent Garden was set aside and the Victorian Purse came out to play. I was able to finish up the bargello band.



Now I need to go back to stitch the silk ribbon flowers. But instead of going to them right away, I pulled out a little Victoria Sampler kit from the Birthday Needleroll series - April. The color scheme is lighter and brighter and just seemed to be what I needed at the moment.

f

Tonight my daughter is going to the Sadie Hawkins dance including dinner at a friend's house with the group that are going together. The kids wanted fettuccine alfredo so I'll make up a batch for them. I hope I remember how as it's been a very long time since I've made a pasta dish, lol! I think it will be a chicken and mushroom dish for me and DH.

Have a wonderful weekend!


5 comments:

Vickie said...

You sound cheered up. :)
The Victorian Purse is so pretty.

Brigitte said...

Oh so nice, that Bargello band on the purse. It is looking so lovely. BUt you are right about the lighter colours that are what we need when longing for spring. Lucky you for the air from Hawaii ...

llknbillburg said...

Love all your stitches, especially the bargello! Pasta sounds really good. Can you send some my way too??!! Laura

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the bargello! Looks fabulous. Can't wait to see it finished.

Barb said...

I hope the dinner went well. As usual, that stitching is so pretty. I love seeing all the different stitches in the design.