Monday, July 08, 2013

Return to an Oldie

While my stitching mojo has not returned, there have been a few times in the last few months that I've decided I should stitch on something. With so many WIPS in my drawers, I decided to work on a fairly simple x-stitch that doesn't require much thinking, but does require a fair amount of counting to place all those blooms. Still I do enjoy the design and would like to see it finished, maybe this year. I think that's an attainable goal. :D

Herb Garden Bouquet by Cedar Hill Cross Stitch
Progress was mostly on those little white flowers and completing the pink foxglove and was done while on our Alaska cruise.

The extreme heat has abated here in the Northwest and temperatures are back to normal for our summers - 90s. Coming up this weekend is a family camping trip with our oldest three kids and families, plus the youngest with a friend. We're going up to Wilderness Gateway Campground in Idaho which is on the Lochsa River on the Lolo Pass that you may have read about in your Lewis and Clark history. It's hard to get away from Lewis and Clark in this part of the country, and I think that's why I enjoyed San Antonio so much last fall - the Alamo, something different! So we have lots of food to plan and prepare plus getting the trailer ready! Can't wait!!

6 comments:

viv said...

It's lovely. I have also returned to cross stitched pieces and am enjoying it. Your garden pictured in the previous post is lovely as well.

Anonymous said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your lovely blog.

Your stitching looks beautiful and I love all your garden photos (:

Giovanna said...

That's so pretty! Have a nice weekend.

Brigitte said...

A project with many flowers - a nice choice to stitch on. And a nice addition to the wonderful flowers in your garden.
Enjoy your trip!

Sharon said...

That's a pretty piece, I have always admired these patterns, though I haven't stitched one yet. Your garden looks fantastic! I have a black thumb of death-LOL

Anonymous said...

I think we all need a break from stitching sometimes, but it feels good to feel the needle between your fingers when you do eventually come back to it again ... like greeting an old friend you haven't seen for ages :)