Monday, June 13, 2011

Starting the Cycle, Again

Today was the first week day of summer break. What did I do first thing this morning?

Got up at 6:30 to drive my daughter to cross country practice.

When your kids decide to be runners, you don't really get a break. The last couple of years I've taken the boys to morning runs at 8 a.m., but the girls run at 7. At least they run together evenings, and now the boys can drive! :D

By the way, the boys are at Flathead Lake, Montana, for 2 sessions of running camp.

Run, run, run

7 comments:

Shari said...

keeps you in a good routine over the summer!!!

Karen said...

Gees, 7am practices...... those poor girls! Hopefully they don't mind the early mornings too much.

Terri said...

People will tell you it keeps you young. But it just makes me tired...

Kathryn said...

Just be happy for healthy athletic kids Von (I know you are).
can you reward yourself with a latte for each early morning drive?
I think you deserve it!

Kathryn said...

Just be happy you have healthy athletic kids Von. (I know you are). Don't you think you deserve a latte for each early morning drive? I think you do!
Blogger ate my last comment. I wonder if this one will show up?

Lynn said...

I remember all those days of running. I think I need to tag along with you for awhile. I was tired but I was a heck of a lot thinner!

barbara said...

Our kids opted for swimming, which isn't much better with four days of practice a week, all summer long. I'm just grateful they aren't yet up to competition level, or the weekends would be gone, too!