Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Here We Are

February is behind us and we're well into March, and the birthday season. Sunday, March 2, was my DSIL's 26th birthday, which we celebrated with a soup and salad lunch at his and my lovely DD's home. It was also my sweet niece's 18th (!) birthday on the same day. Today is my sister's birthday which I celebrated by giving her a call on the phone - and she was actually home when I called! Really between now and June 1, it's a swirl of birthday craziness.

My life lately has been in the late winter doldrums, still. Some nice things have been going on, but I've just felt a little blah about it all. So I was really happy that I didn't share all my little stitching pics that I took last week, as no stitching has been happening here since then. Oh, I've meant to pick up a project, then thought I'd rather veg. So there you have it. I thought you should know that about me, as the Pioneer Woman says. :D

I did finish half of this freebie, then started the other half, but it's not going well. Think I may just start it all over, it's small and of no consequence. But this side came out rather well, using leftover floss from the Acorns and Thread project I finished a couple of months ago.

In my last blog post I believe I mentioned my bulletin board that displays some of my finished projects. This is its current state.

I've been thinking of buying a huge piece of foam board at Home Depot, or some such place, and filling most of the wall space at the bottom of the stairs (where this board is) to display more finished pieces as they become available. There are also some cards from stitching friends on the board, and the pattern of course - to inspire/remind me to get busy and create some clothes for Kirsten's American Girl doll (yeah right). Anyway, I really enjoy my board and the bigger it is, the more I have to enjoy! :)

In the meantime, I think I'm going to curl up and hide in Connie's suitcase. She's leaving for Hawaii real soon and spending time on the beach in the sun sounds like just the thing for curing the doldrums!

14 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love your bullitin board, what a fantastic idea!! The gown you made is exquisite, and beautiful lace, a cute baby also.

Kendra said...

March is the birthday month for our family, too - me, my husband (the same day), my mom, my uncle, my granddaddy, and even our dog!

This is why my Granma and Granpa typically have one big "March Birthday" meal for us instead of several individual meals. No, the dog isn't included in that...LOL!

Unknown said...

i like your board, i think it has inspired me to do something like that :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a lovely little finish. I've had enough of winter too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your board. What a great idea! March happens to be birthday month in my family, as well, though not as extensively as in yours. I wish Connie had room to take all of us to Hawaii with her. I'm so jealous!

mainely stitching said...

Having a bit of a laugh over your freebie comment - I started this one, but with the other side of the heart, and couldn't get it to come out looking like it should for some odd reason. I'm rather relieved I'm not the only one! ;)

Good luck with the swirl of birthdays coming up!!

Carol said...

I sure do understand those late winter doldrums - we are suffering from them here too! {{{HUGS}}}

Mary said...

Know what you mean about being in the late winter slump...I think I'm in one here as well!

Mary said...

I really do like the heart freebie you are stitching. Is that one available online somewhere??

Anonymous said...

You'll be outside with your flowers before you know it. My pal in Everett, Washington area has daffodils already! I was out raking on Monday and have felt the effects of that all week. Are you going to make things out of your lovely stitching soon?

Anonymous said...

All very very lovely works,Von. Compliments.
By the way, I have just sent you an e-mail,but I'm afraid it might be in the spam box or junk mail box, please check it!
Thank you!
marina from Italy

Sonda said...

I know what you mean about the winter blahs...Vegas was sunny (albeit only about 60 degrees) but we came home to rain and 40 degrees. At least the flowers are popping up.

Annemarie said...

Love that unfinished items board of yours! And getting a newer, biger one sounds good to me. In fact, I might steal this entire idea, if you don't mind!
Love the heart freebie. It's gorgeous.
Good luck with all those upcoming birthdays *Ü*

Joanie said...

We share the same malady...winter blahs...soon it will be warm and sunny. I got a pot of tulips just to remind me that spring is only a week away!

Love your unfinished items board, and I LOVE the Workbasket heart freebie...is it available somewhere?

Take care, Von...