Tuesday, September 18, 2007

NRR Progress

Well, now that school is going, I've been able to fit in a tiny little bit of stitching on Rowyn's NRR. The design (Elizabeth's Designs "Old Stone Church") had to be resized/recharted to better fit the space allotted. It was a bit of a challenge for me and I had to go from thinking of stitching over two threads, to stitching over three threads for the roof to come out properly. There is probably a better way, but it eluded me, and I think the church is turning out quite nicely. My next task is getting the stain-glass window centered properly. It may have to be one thread off, but shouldn't be too noticeable.

I gotta get a move on as Heather's going to be sending me the next one real soon!

11 comments:

Vonna said...

You have a couple of weeks yet :)
It's looking fabulous Von :)

Annemarie said...

You've done a marvellous job so far. The church looks absolutely darling!

Mindi said...

The start of the church looks wonderful!

Barbeeque4 said...

It looks really super so far!!!!!

tkdchick said...

Von you're so creative to change a design to fit... that sort of thing would make me pull my hair out!

Sharon said...

Lovely start Von! I think the church looks great.

Rachael said...

I adore this- darling! Can't wait to see it finished.

Stephanie said...

I love this design Von - it's looks great and I'm sure the stained glass windows will be perfect :)

Kath said...

What a cute doggie you haved added to your family. I am sure he must have a new name by now, ca't wait to hear what it is.

I loved your new stash, fantastic.

And I just loved the 101 oh Homeschooling. Not my cup of tea, but I sure do admire those who do. There is quite a big part of our community who home school here.

Karen said...

Old Stone Church is such a pretty design! I'm sure it will look fabulous and no one will notice if the window is off by one.

Aussie Stitcher said...

You have made a great start, it is looking wonderful.