Friday, August 10, 2007

Oh, Dear

There are over 1100 blog entries in my Newsgator account, just one symptom of how behind I am with so many things in my life just now. Argh!

Last weekend we packed up the trailer for four days in Ocean Park, Washington, for the annual Paulson family reunion. It was great to see everyone again and next year we'll have several new members added to the family, through birth and marriages! Friday we parked the trailer outside of Portland and did a mad geocaching dash around Canby and Clackamas county to earn special coins offered by the Chambers of Commerce of those two areas. Gary's group here in the Tri-Cities is considering putting together a series of caches to earn a coin, so it was interesting to see what others have done.

Cindy, my NRR mailing partner, has been on vacation this week so I've had a few extra days to get Heather's finished and mailed. Stay tuned for a picture - I've had a lot of fun putting it together!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you by chance related to the author Gary Paulsen? I am a teacher his books are the best!
Tammy

Von said...

Lol - my DH gets this a lot on various websites on which he's active. We are no relation to the author. Please note that our Paulson is spelled "son" not "sen". I'm surprised that a teacher didn't catch the distinction.

Wendy said...

Don't worry about falling behind in your blog reading. Its summer time and time to enjoy holidays and family reunions. Enjoy this great season while its here!

Anonymous said...

I think Gary Paulsen the author actually spends time or lives in your part of the country. I read somewhere that when he wrote the book Hatchet he actually went into the Canadian wilderness and tried to survive with only a hatchet to make the experiences of the character authentic. He learned to fish with a homemade spear and to start a fire the same way the character did. Sorry to ramble on. I too am a stitcher, when I am not a mom, teacher, wife, etc., and I love to read stither blogs.
Tammy

Sharon said...

Can't beat family time! Sounds like you are having such fun.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm home and can't wait for the RR to arrive :D I'm woefully behind on my blog reading as well...

Anne S said...

With over 1300 in my unread feeds I have a massive urge to go "mark all as read" ;) Good luck with catching up ... I think I'm pretty much limiting my reading now to my 'top 10' and any extras are a bonus hmmm. Guess what, you're in the top 10! ;P {{hugs}}

lena-lou said...

Gracious I'd never catch up on all those and I am behind as it is ... as you know ;-)
Great to visit your blog and catch up with your summer :)