Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Cross Off Another Project


Oh the joy of a properly flushing toilet! Over 40yo toilets just don't - brand new toilets DO! It was rather sad to see the lavender one leave the house tho - yes the original fixtures in the main bathroom are lavender. I actually like my lavender bathroom, it was a pretty rare color choice back in 1964. Pink and mint green were much more common. The useful life of the lavender bathroom is pretty much over and soon we'll need to gut the room and start over, but until demolition starts, we have working toilets.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

hmm, lavender I bet that was really interesting. I understand the happiness. I replaced mine about two years ago with some of those that are now higher=wider seats. Much more comfortable. Alas, your list gets smaller.

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Von! Just to tell you I love the cards you made for our February friends. What a great and thoughtful job you did with each of them! :)

Elizabeth Braun said...

Lavendar sounds lovely! I'd be happy with that too, but I daresay it's rare here too. Our bath suite is just plain white, but we have nice sage green tiling now and Sir plans to re-paint the walls and ceiling in decent water-resist paint AND a nice co-ordinating green (white ceiling) next week. I'd love a lavendar bathroom though. Wish I'd picked the blue tiling now as it's rather a purply blue. Too late!!!

Rachael said...

Now, I want a lavender toilet!! But one that flushes ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I've seen a lavender bathroom, as well. I would have one if it were still an option. ;) I'm glad that you have at least a temporary solution that flushes until you redo the bathroom!