This weekend I participated in the Friends Gather January stitch-a-thon and made good progress on my Winter Banner. The flowers are now interspersed among the letters, the hemstitching is finished and I'm just a few stitches short of completing all the diamonds. Drawing out the threads and reweaving for the hemstitching is always the most difficult part of this design. This attempt was a little more successful as my only mistake was to forget to take into account the top and bottom hemstitching when pulling out and reweaving the vertical fabric threads - easily remedied.
Saturday morning I went to a meeting of Women of Grace (my church's womens group) where I gave the devotion on sleep. After that meeting I rushed home to be there when Kirsten's friend Susannah came over for a playdate. Sunday was our usual church schedule and my DH coming home from errands with my new computer :) We still don't have all my programs loaded, but enough so that I can function this morning - including my homeschool program - yippee!! Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement!!