Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend Stitch-a-thon

This weekend I participated in the Friends Gather January stitch-a-thon and made good progress on my Winter Banner. The flowers are now interspersed among the letters, the hemstitching is finished and I'm just a few stitches short of completing all the diamonds. Drawing out the threads and reweaving for the hemstitching is always the most difficult part of this design. This attempt was a little more successful as my only mistake was to forget to take into account the top and bottom hemstitching when pulling out and reweaving the vertical fabric threads - easily remedied.


Saturday morning I went to a meeting of Women of Grace (my church's womens group) where I gave the devotion on sleep. After that meeting I rushed home to be there when Kirsten's friend Susannah came over for a playdate. Sunday was our usual church schedule and my DH coming home from errands with my new computer :) We still don't have all my programs loaded, but enough so that I can function this morning - including my homeschool program - yippee!! Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement!!

6 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh Von, your Winter piece is exquisite! Great, great job!

Susimac said...

Von this is really wonderful, its looking wonderful.

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Von, that is simply gorgeous. What an excellent job you've done!

Katrina said...

Hi Von, your Winter piece is so pretty. Do you think if I sent you my Indigo Rose needleroll you could cut the threads and pull them out for me since you've done such a great job on yours? hee hee.

Congrats on the new computer too - sounds great!

Carol said...

Your Winter Banner is looking gorgeous!!

Anne S said...

Have to agree with everyone else - your winter banner is looking just gorgeous! I've seen so much progress just in one day LOLOL. :)