Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Four Days to Go



Yay! I got my Christmas cards in the mail before Christmas!! There are some years they don't go out until closer to New Years, so this is great for me. I also finished the stitching on the alphabet project that I'll be giving at Christmas! (I promise to post a pic after Christmas.) I even got out of the house and did a little Christmas shopping today. I'm almost done with buying gifts, just a little rounding out to do.

I love being prepared and getting things done ahead of schedule, and generally feeling superior. However, my basic nature is a little more fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants! Procrastination is my middle name. I think I need a little more than a push to actually get things accomplished. And raising seven children, with all the duties that entails, raises my adrenaline quite a bit. But it's quite a lot to just get through the day and getting extras done, like Christmas, pushes my procrastinating spirit to the limit. Progress has been made - I haven't been up past midnight Christmas Eve wrapping gifts for several years!

7 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

What gorgeous cards! Have a wonderful Christmas Von!

mainely stitching said...

Your cards are fabulous - lots of people are going to be smiling when they open their mail! And seven kids keeping you busy? I feel like a dog chasing her tail most days and I only have 3!

Merriest Christmas!!

Lana said...

Hi Von!
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I just got done reading yours, yes the entire thing! I love it and have you in my "Favorites!" I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

YOur Grandbabies are SSSOOOO cute! I just got married in July and have Baby fever! But we are waiting to start our family until we are a bit more financially stable. (At least two more years!)
Well, you have a great Holiday season! (What's left! Gosh! It has gone so fast! seems like Halloween was just last week!=P)
~Lana~

Anonymous said...

Those cards are incredible! Congratulations on finishing them and getting them out before Christmas. That should be a major milestone in your preparations! If I don't catch up with you over the next couple of days, have a fabulous Christmas holiday!

Unknown said...

Good work Von getting those cards done! I am planning on doing mine next week while on vacation...a little less stress to deal with before Christmas! I printed 50 cards for Amy to send out, and she is sending to most everyone on my list too!!

I WAS finished with my shopping until Christopher informed me he got the same thing for Alli as I did. In fact, we ended up buying the same brand too. So, now I need to return it and shop some more. Oh well!
love you,
Connie

BeckySC said...

You are so talented :) Those cards are beautiful :) :) :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog-I TOO look forward to next year commenting/poting with you my friend :)

Merry Christmas :)

Lelia said...

Von: with children, all Moms learn to 'fly' by whatever ... I swear, I'm really laid back when it comes to deadlines. If I am on target - great, if not - punt : )

AND, my holiday greeting cards ALWAYS go out after 12/25. I like to tuck in pictures & who wants to send out old ones?

That is my story & I'm stitcking to it ... LOL