Wednesday, October 19, 2005

SBQ!


I joined the SBQ on Yahoo Groups and will attempt to answer the question each week.

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Cathy (http://itwillbefunny.blogspot.com) and is:

Do you mark or hi-lite your patterns or can you follow them without any markings? Do you make copies to mark up, or do you mark originals?

For me this depends on the design. A band sampler or an open design is fairly easy to keep your place. A more dense design or complicated one will cause me to get out my pencil and use it on a copy of the pattern. A recent example of this for me was the backstitched Christmas tree at the top of the VS Heirloom Christmas Sampler. Not only did I copy that tree portion of the pattern, I enlarged it and marked off limbs as I stitched them. This was possibly the most difficult design to keep track of that I've attempted in my stitching life!

In other stitching news, I've finally gotten started on the blanket stitching on Autumn Banner as well as smocking on a Grady gown that I'm supposed to take to guild meeting tomorrow!! Better get at it :)

No comments: