Friday, July 13, 2018

Wanna Stitch?

The last time I picked up a project was in April at the Victoria Sampler retreat in Sidney, BC. And before that I did very little since before the holidays. I just wasn't feeling like stitching. Part of me was dealing with the fact that my last daughter was getting married, and not only that, but she decided to share an apartment with friends for her last months as a single. All very understandable and even wonderful, but it left me with that empty nest that just had to sink in and then adjust to. I must have turned a corner the last few days as my bag full of projects came to mind, and the one calling to me is Beach Cottage by Victoria Sampler.




One reason I thought of this project must be the fact that the summer heat is finally turning on with temps well into the 100s for the next few days, so thoughts of the beach are especially lovely right now. There's not much left to finish Beach Cottage, just a lot of fiddly, detailed stitching that eats lots of time, but really does bring the design to life. So I'll plug away on this for awhile and see how much I can get done.


Looking forward to my first stitchy weekend in a long while!! I hope you enjoy yours too!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Glad to see this project again. It's gorgeous!

Kay said...

We all go through a stitching break every now and again. The colours on this summer piece are so pretty, it is not a design that I am familiar with. x

Vickie said...

Oh I hope you get this one done!! It is soooooo pretty!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Beach Cottage piece looks great. I love the yellow of the cottage. Enjoy your weekend!

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute project! Congratulations on your daughter's marriage. I'm just getting back to stitching too--must be something in the water. ;)

Kaisievic said...

This is such a lovely, happy design, Von - just right to pull you out of your stitching slump.