Friday, July 20, 2018

Picnic Prep

I haven't picked up my needle this week after finishing Beach Cottage. Instead I've been preparing for our annual company picnic that we're hosting this Sunday afternoon. That means shopping for prizes and filling the children's gift tote box, so I've been to all the local bargain stores -TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, Target, Marshalls, Home Goods, Costco - finding lots of goodies and supplies for the picnic.

We'll be meeting at our Yakima manager's home as she has a pool, and the kids really enjoyed using her pool last year. Famous Dave's will be providing the food, and we'll have our traditional frozen t-shirt contest, watermelon eating contest, and Mexican bingo for the employees, plus corn hole, badminton, and water volleyball. Temps promise to be right around 90 degrees F., so great for pool activities!

Some of the prizes and gifts for the kids



We're looking forward to lots of fun on Sunday!

I've been thinking of the next wip to bring out and have decided to work on Red Velvet Inscription.


My version is very subtle, low contrast in comparison to other versions I've seen. But I'm enjoying it - my first project on 40 ct fabric!

And I'm considering a new start, so I'll talk about that with you once I've decided and pulled together all the supplies.

Last nite after work, Gary and I decided to visit a winery in a newly developing, old part of Kennewick. On Thursday evenings Palencia Winery stays open later and brings in music and a food truck. I've been wanting to get down there as the city is renewing this part of downtown with the wine village and now they've begun work on improving the landscape and adding parking, a public square, and a food truck cluster. It's located right next to the Columbia River by the picturesque cable bridge so an ideal place to attract people to spend some time relaxing with great wine and food!


We chose to enjoy our meal on the patio as the musician in the tasting room was on the loud side. Just as well, as the evening was beautiful and we could still hear the music outside. And best of all Palencia has a frose machine - yum!!

Well that about does it for this update, friends. I hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Alright! You are lining up some real fun!! Let's see how far you can get on Red Velvet Inscription now! :D

Carol said...

Sounds like a fun party--and with your high temps a pool will be a real blessing :) Enjoy!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope your company goes well this weekend! I love your version of the Red Velvet Inscription sampler. Have a great weekend!

Barb said...

It sounds like you are all ready for a fun picnic on Sunday! It also looks like a nice evening to be at a winery. We have been a bit cool in the evening but I'm not complaining. It will be hot again by Sunday then 80's and 90's most of next week.UG!

Mary said...

YOur Sunday plans sound like lots of fun! Your a trooper to do all that shopping! I had to look up frose machine, that's a new one by me but it looks like a nice summer drink.
You are brave to stitch with white on your first 40 count!! It's looking great!