Sunday, October 15, 2017

Stitching at the Mansion

This weekend I and many of the women of my church went to our annual retreat at the Bozarth Mansion Retreat Center north of Spokane, Washington. Always a highlight of our year, it's a wonderful time of fellowship, teaching, and appreciation of the beauty of God's creation.


Above is the mansion and next to it is a smaller dormitory building. It sits on the edge of a ridge, overlooking a wooded canyon at the back of the mansion. Deer are frequent visitors. Inside the mansion is filled with wood trims and paneling, a huge fireplace you could stand five people in, and a grand staircase to the second floor - beautiful details everywhere you look. The lighting is not ideal, but I found a spot to stitch for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon by the window.


The second part of the Lizzie Kate Christmas Mystery sampler arrived the day before I left for Spokane, so I took it along with me. Such a sweet little design it's turning out to be.

I left the retreat early this morning so I could be home to see my sister and brother-in-law who were stopping by to break up their drive from Chehalis to Boise today.  My sons came by with their wives and baby sons and we all had lunch together. We had the football games on in the background, but the real entertainment was Isaac and Gideon!

Well, now it's time to prepare for the week ahead, especially for my ESL class tomorrow morning. I hope you had a great stitchy weekend!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

What a gorgeous place. I can understand why the retreat is a highlight of your year.

Brigitte said...

This retreat place certainly is a very special place, just from the look of it. Lucky you that the next mystery installment just arrived the day before you left for the retreat so that you could continue stitching on that piece.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful place to hold your retreat! I am glad you were able to get in a few stitches while you were there. It sounded like you had a wonderful afternoon with family. Have a great week!

diamondc said...

Von: What a lovely place to have a retreat, I am so happy you had a great time.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

That does look the most idyllic place to sit and stitch in the window of a beautiful house.

Clare said...

Since coming home from USA holiday just over a week ago I have stitched Lizzie Kate`s Christmas Mystery part one nearly at part 2 so catching up with everyone. Love your progress.
Happy Stitching from NZ.