Monday, July 31, 2017

Weekend Stitching

For my weekend stitching I decided to bring out the VS Happy Birthday Sampler. I had ended the last session with backstitching the black banner and started the new session by adding the hearts, putting stripes on the birthday candles and the backstitching to the top of the flames. That completed the top part of the birthday cake section.



To complete the cake section I stitched the lacy table cloth which consisted of satin stitches, cross stitches, herringbone and double cross diamond eyelets. These stitches together create a beautiful tablecloth for the cake setting!

Below the table cloth are bands of (in descending order) algerian eyelets with gold straight stitches, then perspective stitch, and ending the session with triple cross stitches. To finish off the triple cross stitch band, I'll be adding upright cross stitches in between.


Band samplers are fun because you have a mini finish with each band! Here's the top section of the sampler so far:


Next up: Some reverse stitching on Coffee Quaker!

Wishing you a great stitchy week! We're going to be sweltering here in the Pacific Northwest, I'm not going to want to be outside much except to keep the lawn and garden alive.

10 comments:

Ann said...

This is adorable!

Vickie said...

This is soooooooooo pretty!

Robin in Virginia said...

It is looking good, Von. Sorry you have to reverse stitch on Coffee Quaker.

Barb said...

So pretty, I love all those special stitches!

Pamela said...

This is very pretty!

Brigitte said...

Such an interesting band sampler. I also love band samplers because they usually have a lot of specialty stitches. The stitches you used for the table cloth look gorgeous.

Julie said...

Loving this one, such pretty speciality stitches.

Mary said...

I think I have to add a band sampler to my growing list of wants. This is lovely and learning different stitches will challenge my stitching skills.

I just became a new follower and would love for you to visit our blog, stitchingfriendsforever2. My friend RJ and I recently started to blog and we have enjoyed finding new blogs to visit. Mary

Marilyn said...

This is so cute, love all of the colors.
Marilyn

Cricket-bug Corner said...

that is fantastic! It's fun to do specialty stitches!