Monday, September 26, 2016

All You Need is Love

Last week I did a little more stitching on The Drawn Thread freebie, All You Need is Love. Drawn Thread designs are the sweetest with the variety of embroidery stitches worked into each project.


The leaves are satin stitched in Gloriana "Forest" and I'm afraid they did not include enough of it in the little kit. Since I don't have any in my stash nor do I have a suitable substitute, I'll have to find it somewhere. Will have to make a little trip to my lns before placing an online order. Shucks! :)


It was a really nice weekend here, warm and sunny. There was a Saturday morning brunch with the ladies of my church, and then I visited my new little love, Isaac. He's nursing well and gained back all the weight he lost. His mom and dad are doing a great job taking care of him. Kevin is the same age as my husband was when our firstborn came along, just one month short of their 23rd birthday. Here's the latest pic of our little man.


I did get in a little stitching while watching football over the weekend. Our Boise State Broncos got the win over Oregon State, so we've done well against the Pac12 this year! Progress pics will be coming up in the next couple of days.

So it was a really nice weekend! I hope yours was the same.

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

Awww, Isaac is a gorgeous wee man!

Love your DT piece, it's already looking so pretty.

Julie said...

He does look a happy little chap

Vickie said...

Beautiful stitching. Isaac is so precious!

Carol said...

I, too, love DT designs and am not sure why I don't stitch more of them. Sometimes the suggested threads are ones I don't have in my stash so I tend to set them aside for "another time!" Love this piece so much!

And your littlest grandson--oh, my! What a cutie-pie :)

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet picture of your little grandson.
Drawn Thread has wonderful designs and you are right, they are a lot of fun to stitch because of the specialty stitching. You never get bored.