Wednesday, August 31, 2016

WIP Wednesday

Yesterday I posted my September in the Joyful World SAL with the mistake (design feature) I made to the ground of the design. There has been no further progress on that as I rotated over to A Moment in Chalk.

Here is where I left off:


And here is where I am now - working from the middle out.


I'm now getting to use some of those luscious colors that drew me to this project.


For the upcoming Labor Day weekend, Gary and I are driving down to Boise, Idaho, to visit family. Saturday morning we'll be gathering at my sister's to watch the Boise State vs Louisiana-Lafayette football game and thinking about what I could take to stitch on. I'm hoping to have September done or nearly so. The black fabric on A Moment in Chalk makes that one a no-go! The Red Velvet Inscription is on 40 ct linen and the design requires too much counting to work on during a football game that I intend to give attention to! So I went in search of something in my stash that might work.

I found a couple of small designs.


The bag in the center is a kit I must have received as a gift at a stitching retreat at some point in time. I haven't opened it yet to see just who the designer is, but it looks pretty simple. The other is the Lizzie Kate Snippet in the upper right corner - again quite simple. I had a couple of the called for WDW threads, then just found some that come fairly close to the rest. I figured it's a small enough design to redo in DMC if I am not happy with this lot.

I'm also trying to find a design to use the floss that I won from Natasha several months ago. It's a 20 yard skein from Victoria Motto Sampler Shop in a gorgeous yellow shade called Buttercup.


I'm envisioning using it on a blue or blue/gray linen as blue and yellow is my favorite color combination. Thank you, Natasha, for this beautiful, generous skein of floss!!

Well, that'll about do it for today. As always, I wish you a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your skein of Buttercup is a lovely color. Have fun stitching with Nancy's floss! I like the smalls you have in your to go box. You are making good progress on the Hands On Design piece.

Vickie said...

A Moment In Chalk is so cool. Love it! You two have lots of fun. I am praying for your safe travels. ♥

Cricket-bug Corner said...

We will be moving over the weekend. Have a safe trip!!

Julie said...

This looks a nice project, such pretty colours you have added so far to the lovley fabric.

Barb said...

Have a great week-end! I agree, the stitching project needs to match what you will be doing. That is such a lovely yellow floss.

Brigitte said...

I love your Moment in Chalk piece, the fabric, the colours and the flowers that you are stitching right now.
That yellow thread colour is really gorgeous and will look so good on a dark fabric.
Have a great Labour Day weekend.

Carol said...

Your weekend plans sound fun, Von! I think we'll try to do a hike or something as our weather has turned absolutely perfect for a change--no humidity! YAY!

Love the chalkboard piece so much--can't wait to watch yours grow :)

Sally said...

You have some beautiful projects on the go. Love your chalkboard piece. Hope you had a great weekend.