Monday, April 18, 2016

In the Garden this Weekend

My one lilac bush is in full bloom.


A very few tulips are showing out.
 

Peony blossoms are growing.


And this rose bush will soon be covered with color!

Apricot Impressionist
Looks like our spring is definitely ahead of schedule by a couple of weeks, and the 80 degree temperatures we're expected to get this week will move the growing right along.

I got more leaves bagged this weekend but still have a ways to go. Next year I'm going to have to hire myself some help because it's just taking up too much of my time! Finding a handy man to have on call is also on the list. Gary just doesn't have the time or inclination to do the chores that need to be done around here, although I should give him credit for fixing a crack in the irrigation line last week.

Looking forward to a beautiful week here - I hope your week is a great one too!
Can't wait till this is covered in colorful flowers!


8 comments:

Carol said...

Don't you love seeing the flowering trees each spring? Our weather, like yours, is unusually warm for mid-April so we are early, too. Such a glorious time of year! Enjoy!

Vickie said...

hmm. Wish we had early warm weather. Glad it is finally warm at least. It is so pretty by you.

Julie said...

Your garden flowers are looking lovely, I bet the scent from the lilac is amazing

Barb said...

I hope you do have a wonderful week. It was 86 here today! More 80's tomorrow. Can you believe this is still April? The garden is looking great!

Maggie said...

Beautiful flowers, especially the lilac!

our weather is still mixed at the moment.

Angela said...

Your garden looks lovely :)

Brigitte said...

Your garden is already so green. And the lilacs already blooming, I can't believe it. Ours don't even have leaves, lol.
I love the tulip colour, such a rich red.

viv said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm still removing leaves from flower beds. Only another gardener would understand the chore that is...I don't think anyone even notices. I've been tempted to make a picture of my debris pile. We're allowed to burn yard debris, but only by permit before May 15. Mine is so large we may have to call for a permit. By the 15th I'm afraid it will be so large I'll be afraid to set it on fire. At it's center the pile is over my head. Happy gardening.