Thursday, January 07, 2016

New Year, New Start

There's something about starting a new year that makes you feel like starting a new project. I have a fairly new project started that I work on now and then, but there's a sweet little design offered by The Snowflower Diaries that I couldn't resist. Maja is offering a free design every month of 2016 called the Joyful World SAL and I'm sure you've seen lots of bloggers stitching up that cute little fox and raven. So yesterday I cut a piece of linen and pulled out the DMC to start stitching.


This is as far as I got when I decided I just didn't want it to be such a large design. So I hacked off another piece of linen and started again - this time stitching over one thread. We'll see how I like that.

While watching college football bowl games on New Years Day, I put in a couple of threads on Red Velvet Inscription. I'm finding this design rather tedious to stitch so I'm thinking just putting in a thread or two every week or so might get this one done by 2020. 


The color rendering isn't great, so we'll hope for better on the next update!

The days are quite gray and gloomy here in January so the Ott light and stitching needles will be seeing a lot of me!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

I have seen the fox design and wondered where to find it! Thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

I plan to start Maja's SAL also. So adorable!

Julie said...

I've pulled out some fabric for the SAL too, but when looking not sure I wanted it to be so big. It looks a lot smaller on blogs! Still thinking about whether to order some 40ct fabric and try that as that would be a new challenge for this year and that was something I wanted to do this year.... try new things.

Margaret said...

Catching up on a few of your posts this morning Von.
What a wonderful Christmas with everyone home. A true blessing.
Those cappuccino crinkles look delicious.
A sweet new pattern for the New Year.

Unknown said...

Good to have a new start for New Year. I and going to do couple of months of finishing things. I seem to have so many that are almost done, and I need the room. Will follow your progress Von

Mylene said...

Both new good start.
So far love the first serie of the SAL Snowflower Diaries.

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm getting all my new starts vicariously--I'm trying to finish up some projects from previous January starts! Good luck.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, Maja's new SAL is so popular - and I will be stitching it as well now that she offers the charts on her blog as well. These designs are so sweet. Your second project also looks great. Happy projects and happy stitching to you.