Monday, November 03, 2014

An Old WIP Sees Daylight

A couple of weeks ago while spending a quiet afternoon at the Bozarth Mansion in Spokane, I pulled out a very old wip to work on. I was there for our church's annual ladies retreat and this gorgeous mansion takes one back to a time when craftsmanship and beauty were greatly appreciated. In that setting, stitching on this project by The Victoria Sampler just seemed appropriate.


This is the Victorian Purse which was the project for the 2011 VS Retreat. Poor little project has received very little love since then. And sadly, I haven't stitched since the ladies' retreat. But now that I have brought it to the top of the pile, I'm going to get back to this sweet thing real soon.


One thing I must remedy is that second ribbon flower. First off, I'm not happy with the looks of it. Second, I used the wrong color ribbon, which I wouldn't mind if I was happy with the form. So, I'll try it again!

3 comments:

viv said...

That's in my WIP box as well...much too lovely to stay there. Yours is beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Annette-California said...

Isn't great when you take out an old wip and look forward to stitching on it again. Your ribbon flowers look very pretty to me. I also had discovered on an old wip that I am working on again, that I too accidentally switched colors while stitching. But I do like the mistakes I made -lol.
Victorian purse is beautiful from what you shared. I look forward watching your progress. love Annette

Barb said...

It's going to be such a pretty project !