Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Endings

Here we are at the end of October, the end of cross country season, and the end of Melanie's wedding story. What a month it's been - a wonderful, wild roller coaster of a month!

The biggest event of the month, the wedding, was everything Melanie wanted, and my worst fear realized, as a rainstorm hit just as the ceremony was starting. All day Saturday my gut was twisted as the weather report for Sunday (10-10-10!) deteriorated. My mind went to Plan B, Melanie was determined to have the ceremony in her glen - regardless of the rain.

As guests began to arrive Sunday afternoon, most came prepared with raincoats and umbrellas, and God began to calm my fears. After all, it was just a little rain! The temperature was perfect and there was no wind.


The bride and groom were so happy that it spread to everyone. It was one grand, joyous celebration!

The caterer, inside the small lodge, was ready with warm food and beverages directly after the ceremony so we could all dry off a bit. We set up a few tables in the lodge and also had more tables outside under two canopies.

The food and the cake were so delicious! I was ecstatic with the baker and the caterer!! They made my day so much easier, as did my oldest daughter, Mystie, who graciously accepted the task of wedding day coordinator, keeping everything running smoothly so that I could spend more time with our guests.

The rain clouds drifted off to the east just before it was time for dancing.


I gotta say that we've been blessed with the best friends and family that embraced the rain as a grand adventure, wholeheartedly and with great joy celebrating Melanie and Daniel's new marriage! You're all amazing!

More on those other endings to come soon. :)

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous bride, lovely wedding. No wonder she wanted married in her glen!

TeresaB said...

Some say that rain on your wedding day is a blessing on the union. Looks like everyone had a wonderful day and that the bride and groom were happy, which is really all that matters!

Lynn said...

Happy the bride that the rain falls on! This is a saying that my mother always recited as she did when it rained on my special day. The bride and groom are practically glowing! I'm so glad that their joy was infectious and everyone enjoyed themselves despite the weather. Great pics!

DebbieSFL said...

It looks like the wedding was wonderful.

Karen said...

The bride and groom look so happy! That's great that their joy was infectious. It looks like everyone had a wonderful day despite the rain!

Veronica said...

What a beautiful wedding. Congratulations to the happy couple!

Carolyn NC said...

What beautiful pictures and they look so happy! So glad they day went well and she was married in her glen!

Sharon said...

Von, your daughter looks so happy and beautiful! Lovely, lovely wedding. Doesn't it just thrill you when your children are that happy? Many blessings to them and I think I am going to see some carrot topped grand babies in your future...

Terri said...

Not that you'd choose it, I mean, I sure wouldn't! BUT, the rain really added character to the photos and they are beautiful.