Yes, the last stitches are being finished on Ilse's dress this very afternoon! I had to make a quick trip to Joann's to find some buttons - the right size and the right color. How hard could that be? Ha! There were some adorable buttons; problem being there was only one card. I found another great choice - at $5 for three buttons, I decided to keep looking. Guess I'm not in full Nana mode yet. :D Then I found these at $1.60 for four buttons - much better.
On this dress I used a new-to-me stitch for the hem. It's called the slip stitch and while I'm sure many of you are well-acquainted with it, I wasn't and found a great tutorial online here. It makes the neatest, almost invisible hem I've ever done. I can't tell you how pleased I am, lol! In the pic below you can see the hem on the bottom as well as the back placket which I used the same stitch to sew it down. You can see little stitches, but the thread travels in the folded fabric.
Last night was smocking guild night. We were to bring our punch needle projects all finished and a wip to work on. Of course, with all this actual smocking and constructing, I didn't get the punch needle finished, so I brought the dress and the punch needle as the wip. Next month we're going to begin a shadow embroidery project. Yay! I've wanted to learn shadowwork for a long time.
This weekend will be a busy one around here of course. I'll be sharing more about the reason for that very soon. In the meantime, relax, do a project, and have some fun this weekend. And thanks for visiting!