Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Slice of My Life

So I come home from a weekend away (I've missed two weeks of church) and I ask dd Kirsten, "Where's the new Graceful Dinner schedule?" (Graceful Dinner is a once-a-month dinner plan where four couples from our church family meet at the host's house who provides the main dish, the three other couples bring a salad, side, and dessert.) She claims it's on the kitchen island, but not to worry because we don't host until May. I breathe a small sigh of relief, but my mind is not at ease.

You see, the first Saturday of the month is Graceful Dinner night. I really need to know what to plan. I have cleared off the island and not seen the schedule at all. There is the possibility/probability that I didn't see the obvious, or saw it and set it aside - but not this time. More concerning is the fact that I have not received a phone call from the host, hmmmm.

So yesterday morning, my friend, Chris, calls me to ask what kind of salad she should bring on Saturday evening! Lol! Yep, I'm the host this Saturday. Chris very kindly offered to host it for me, but you know what, I think it's better to host it now and get it off my mind!

My oldest daughter emailed me the schedule. I think I need to work on reading skills with Kirsten. :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! This sounds like my house, except that usually it never gets read in the first place!!

Carolyn NC said...

You just gotta love it! If I ever depended on my kids (or DH for that matter) to always remember to tell me info, I'd be in big trouble with everyone! Well, at least this way you can go ahead and host and like you say, not worry about it anymore! Have fun - it sounds like a blast!

Kathy A. said...

Lol lol lol, and now you know why I say having grandchildren is so much more fun!!! I am sure you will do well with your Graceful Dinner even with the little glitches.

Anonymous said...

Hah! I was going to ask if I could borrow the kitchen for baking. I do not think I will now. ;)

Patricia Lessell said...

I agree with what Kathy said. Grandchildren ARE much more fun than my kids ever were. I spoke to my sister before and she commented on how much patience I now have. Getting older does have at least one perk! Have a great Graceful Dinner with your friends. Love Patti xxx