Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And a Happy New Year!

Christmas at the Paulson house was another wonderful holiday with the family. My sister and her family from Boise braved the snowy roads on Christmas Eve. Normally DH's brother and family would have done the same but our dsil had some medical tests done that day and with the awful roads, just felt it was better to stay home this year. We missed them terribly, but encouraged them to stay home. They did, however, send along one of our nephews with my dsis, so their family was represented. :)

The Christmas Eve candlelight service is a highlight of the season, focusing our attention on the meaning of the season. Christmas morning doesn't start as early as it did years ago, lol! I usually am up before most of the kids to get the coffee pot going and plates of my cinnamon bread ready. Dd Mystie and family arrived mid-morning, as did ds Geoff and then the fun started.



Little children, Christmas morning, pure magic!

Saturday came too soon, our Boise family hit the road, but didn't get too far. About an hour out of town (Pendleton,OR) the interstate was closed. (December has been an eventful, record-setting month in Washington State!) They did finally arrive home safely after lots of gazing at the radar pics of the storm on the internet.

This week after Christmas is probably my favorite week of the year. The stress of Christmas is over and life really s l o w s down. I love it!

Tonight Kirsten has three friends here for an overnight, so I'll be celebrating the New Year at home. I could easily hibernate this time of year, so staying in is fine with me.

And so, another year is beginning. As to stitching goals and such, I just try to do what I can when opportunity arises. I did participate in one of the Neighborhood round robins, which represents most of my finished stitching for the year. This year I'd like to do more finishing! That's the extent of my goals! :D

Let's make 2009 a great year!

8 comments:

Joanie said...

Happy New Year, Von!

I wish you many creative days in 2009! And of course, my very best wishes too!

Blessings to you and your family!

mainely stitching said...

Oh what a wonderful bunch of pictures, Von! Love seeing that family of yours. :D

Happy New Year!!!

Cathy B said...

Happy New Year Von! May 2009 be filled with happiness and lots of time for stitching!

Karoline said...

Happy new year Von

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You are so right, Christmas - the whole season - is just magic when you can share it with a child. From their faith and belief to their sheer joy its one of my favorite times of the whole year!
Happy New Year Von, may your year be filled with and abundance of peace, tranquility and blessings!

Sharon said...

Lovely pictures Von! Christmas really is magic with the kids especially when they still believe in Santa! My kids don't-so though fun-it loses that little touch (sigh) Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Von it sounds like your Chirstmas was magical!

Happy New Year!

Andrea said...

Happy New Year Von!