Monday, November 13, 2006

Just Stuff


I ended last week thinking the laundry was pretty well caught up. Well, some of the kids cleaned out their rooms on Saturday causing a huge overflow in the laundry chute. Isn't that the way it always goes, lol!

Saturday Kirsten and her AHG troop marched in the local Veterans' Day parade. The weather was a bit of a concern earlier in the week, but Saturday morning arrived with a bit of sunshine along with a breeze, so not too bad. Marching kept the girls warm. Watching from the car kept me warm. :)

Later in the afternoon she went to a friend's birthday party, so while I was out I dropped off my loaves of cinnamon bread at the home where our church bazaar was to be held. Then I had some time to myself so had a bite to eat at Panda Express, then dropped in on Janean's Bernina to see what was new in the shop. Bought a back issue of Australian Smocking that I simply couldn't resist. Just a few doors down from Janean's I saw a small sign that a needlework store is going to open Thanksgiving weekend! Very cool! I'll have to get over to that part of Pasco more often.

The bazaar was loads of fun as always. My hardanger ornament was well-received, and I got several rave reviews on my bread. It's really quite funny since it's a simple bread recipe, rolled up with cinnamon and sugar. But I do have a grain mill so I mill the flour fresh and I think that makes a difference. I can also claim that the bread is healthful!

Sunday afternoon was quiet. I spent quite a bit of time stitching ornaments with Star Wars V and VI on Cinemax. Lovely!

Now a new week has begun with the usual madness, plus some. I've decided that our storage room must be made into another bedroom. So I must empty that room, but of course, the garage must be tended to first. I skipped the gym workout in favor of running up and down stairs with boxes, emptying, filling, rearranging, throwing out, etc. Still have much too much, but will work on it each day and hope to make some real progress soon!

Unfortunately, reading blogs has taken a back seat to some other activities lately, and I think I'm going to get dreadfully behind as the holidays draw nearer. Please forgive me if I don't visit as often as usual, and be assured that I think of you all each day!

10 comments:

Leeland said...

I'm also way behind in my blog reading... so I'm first to understand...
Take care, Von!

Anne S said...

Oh boy you've been busy - but all that baking sounds like heaven ... I can almost smell that cinnamon bread all the way down here! ;) I love your latest hardanger ornie, it's really pretty :D

Unknown said...

That fresh cinnamon bread sounds delicious!

Wendy said...

You sure are one busy lady! I don't know how you keep on top of everything, especially making ornaments and cinnamon bread for your bazaar. I must get out this weekend to some of our local sales. I'm one of those people who buys all the baking at them!

Carol said...

Simple or not, your bread sounds yummy!

Mia said...

You have been busy, Von. I hope you get some downtime soon. I know the feeling of not reading blogs. I get that way and am trying to keep on top of it but with Thanksgiving fast approaching, I know my time will be limited from now til the New Year but I will do my best. :)

Take care!!

Karen said...

Mmmmm cinnamon bread. Sounds delicious. I think we'll all be busy as Christmas gets closer and blog reading will fall behind. Good luck with rearranging the garage and the bedroom. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you have a new LNS opening soon! You hear of more closings than openings, so it's promising news. So, you need a new room, eh? Time to split up the twins? LOL. It sounds like you have a plan and are sticking to it, so good luck! And don't worry about keeping up with blogs. It's that time of year. :)

Lelia said...

I think blog reading/commenting is on the back burner in most households until after the New Year begins .... It is just the season to get the household in order & all the "stuff" "stuff" we enjoy is right around the corner.

This is final exam week at the high school & I'll have the boys to help clear off shelves for me this week-end. They are really good at that. [and I avoid the ladder at all cost]

have a great day!

Cathy B said...

Von, I wish I had your ambition - cleaning rooms, filling boxes, up and down the stairs. Whew!

How exciting to have a new LNS to visit!

Glad the bazaar was a success!