Thursday, April 20, 2006

Almost Forgotten!


In all my excitement to meet with my VS Cyberstitchers group, as well as getting DH and DS off to Japan, I neglected to post a pic of the 2002 Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornie that I finished last month. I'm stitching them all on one piece of fabric using the DMC conversion in the magazines. To be honest, some of the chosen color conversions are not what I would have chosen and some are not even close to the overdye colors. But I'm just going to go with it, unless the color is too jarring, as was the case with some of the colors in the 2001 ornie.


Here are the three ornaments together. Soon I'll get going on the 2003 ornament.




Today my grandsons are here for most of the afternoon and evening. My SAGA meeting was postponed to next week, so I won't have to rush out of here right after dinner. Think I'll try to round up the Convent Garden threads and pattern!

11 comments:

Cathy B said...

Those SB ornaments are looking great - and I like the idea of stitching them on one piece of fabric!

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, I love those Shepherd Bush ornies, and it's such a good idea to match them up on a single fabric! I'll definitely have to stitch one or two for next Christmas :)

Have e great weekend! :)

June said...

Von, I love how this is turning out. You're going to stitch up to 2005? Great idea to put them all together on one fabric.

Sylvie said...

They are lovely! Unfortunately I don't have them all :(

Schokti said...

How cool! Very pretty ornaments!

Chiara said...

Your Shepherd's Bush Christmas ornie is really nice!!! Often DMC conversion isn't the best ....sometimes I would like to change th number...Have a nice week end!!!cheers

Mylene said...

Hi Von, your shepherd bush ornaments are looking great!!! I love them. Have a nice weekend!

Jenn said...

Very nice Von! I like the idea of doing them all on one piece of fabric. I can't wait to see the next one.

Carol said...

Your SB ornies look fantastic!! I am surprised that the DMC conversion is not very good (it looks fine to me, but going by what you say) - hmmm....

Anonymous said...

I love the SB ornaments. I stitch one each year for Christmas for a friend at work - she loves them! I agree with the others that doing it all on one piece of fabric is a really nice idea. What are you doing about the charms? I've left them off to date; will you do the same?

Leeland said...

I love these ornies! I hadn't really noticed them before, but the fact that you and Connie were stitching it drew my attention. I will certainly stitch them as well, thinking of you!
Take care!