Friday, November 17, 2017

Blowing In the Weekend

It's another blustery day in E. Washington. The leaves in most trees are gone and are being blown into little piles all over my yard. But the sun is shining, so I'm feeling pretty good today!

This week I received the third installment of Lizzie Kate's Mystery Christmas Sampler, so that's what I'll be working on today and throughout the weekend for my November Year of Starts. While I'm eager to finish up the mystery series, I really didn't want to put Hello Fall away for awhile. The colors really are gorgeous and I'm loving how it's looking so far on the Doubloon linen.



It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week! That means I'll have to get my Bosch mixer working again and get some baking done to take down to Boise. It's the start of cinnamon swirl bread season, better known as The Holidays. I love that Thanksgiving is a bit earlier this year giving me an extra weekend to bake for family, Confection Selection, and our employees.

I've also got a start on shopping for the gifts we give at our company Christmas dinner, but just a start. It's so hard for me to choose gifts that I think will be appealing! Somehow I'll come up with what I need.

Have a great stitchy weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Gorgeous! The fabric is perfect with those thread colors.

Mary said...

The colors of Hello Fall are beautiful and I can see why you don't want to put that down. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Mary

Vickie said...

I agree. Hello Fall looks great! I am watching big, huge flakes fall down fast out the windows here.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hello Fall is looking good; I really like the thread colors you are using. Enjoy part 3 of the LK mystery design. I look forward to seeing your finish. Have a wonderful weekend, Von!

RJ said...

Von, I bet the part 3 will be alot of fun in your LK mystery chart. Can't wait to see it all done. I love Hello Fall. The colors in this stitch are gorgeous and the linen you chose is perfect with them. I would not be able to put it down either. Have a great weekend and a blessed Thanksgiving. RJ

Marilyn said...

Hello Fall is pretty.
Have fun starting the LK mystery.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Marilyn

Barb said...


That Fall design is so pretty. We had two rain free days so we spent lots of time in the yard trying to get things ready for more rain tomorrow!!

Brigitte said...

You made great progress on this lovely design. Great thread colours.

diamondc said...

Von: this is beautiful, I love the thread colors.

Blessings
Catherine

Daffycat said...

Oh gosh, this is so pretty!

Julie said...

Hope you had a nice thanksgiving ... i'm catching up so enjoyed seeing your lovely stitching progress.