Thursday, October 19, 2017

October - Year of Starts

I once again reached into my stack of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issues for this month's new start. This time it's the 2013 issue, "Peace" by Blackbird Designs; a little sampler style that says, "Peace be with you my friend".

Peace - Blackbird Designs - 2013 JCS Christmas Ornament issue
I'm mostly using DMC floss with a couple of GAST  threads I had that are called for in the pattern. The linen is 36ct Vintage Maple Sugar - 1 over 2.

Also this week, my Christmas in July sale fabric from Picture This Plus came in!

From left to right: Tycho (32 ct), Fresco (32 ct), Legacy (36 ct), Doubloon (36 ct), Aerial (36 ct), Twilight (32 ct)
I'm really happy with all these linens, but especially intrigued with Fresco and can't wait to find something special to stitch on it!

The weather has turned a bit rainy here this week and with the shorter days, I'm feeling that desire to cocoon at home and go to bed early. DH drove over to the Seattle area last night for a business meeting today. Usually I drive him to these things, but it's raining a lot over there today, so not pleasant to do the fun Seattle things I like to do while he's in meetings. Instead I'll be finishing up the payroll at the office today and doing a little stitching.

Yesterday I got to babysit both baby grandsons! Isaac is walking better every day and little Gideon is playing and smiling and trying to crawl. It's going to be so much fun watching these two little guys grow up together. And in March there will be another little one in the mix - Isaac will be getting a sibling! We're all so excited!

So all in all it's been a good week. Hope yours has been too. Let's keep on stitching all the things!!

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely PTP fabrics you received! How fun that you got to be carekeeper to Isaac and Gideon and very exciting that Isaac is going to be a big brother come March. Congratulations to you and your family! I like your Christmas stitch.

Vickie said...

Peace looks lovely Von. Your fabric is so yummy! Your grands sound so delightful. Can't wait til the day I have some. ha!

Barb said...

What lovely linen. We must be on the same wave length. I just went through old issues of JCS ornament issues to find a design to stitch for Hannah's yearly ornament.Well, you didn't miss much over here, very damp and rainy!! I have the fireplace going this evening!!

Kay said...

Lovely fabric stash, new fabric always make me happy. x

Marilyn said...

Cute ornament.
Great choices on your fabric selection.
I too, have received my order, all so pretty.
Hope you have some better weather soon.
Marilyn

Sheryl said...

Pretty design and stitching Von, I love the gorgeous linen fabric and your new stash.

Sheryl said...

Pretty design and stitching Von, I love the gorgeous linen fabric and your new stash.

Brigitte said...

Great choice of design for your October start. But I think one can always find a lovely design in any one of the ornament issues.. At least it's always the case with me.
Ohhh, such lovely fabrics that you received.

Julie said...

Congratulations on the news of a new addition to your family.
Nice new fabrics.