Monday, October 23, 2017

Good Stuff

I had a pleasant weekend. Saturday was rainy all day, so it was easy to get some laundry done while watching football, and fitting in some stitching. I kept "Peace" out on Saturday for attention and it won't need much more to finish!


On Sunday after church, Gary and I went out to Hamilton Cellars on nearby Red Mountain to see the results of the local Plein Air artists exhibition. Of course, Sunday was a beautiful sunny day. Friday and Saturday was a study in perseverance for the artists, but they emerged with some gorgeous paintings. It was fun to get a glass of wine, enjoy the paintings, and talk with friends, people we probably wouldn't have met had our middle daughter not become an artist herself. Melanie didn't participate in this exhibition as she's been down in Sedona, Arizona, at a plein air exhibition there. Once we got home, Gary settled on the couch and began to snooze. I put on the Seahawks game and started working on Spot of Autumn by Drawn Thread that I'd put away for a few months.



There's not much to do on this one either, so stand by for a couple of finishes in the near future!

Sunday was the twins' birthday, the first they've spent together in a few years. Hard to believe 24 years have gone by since they joined the family.

Well, I'm a little tired tonight after getting up at about 3:40 this morning to get Gary up and out to the airport. He's gone to Charlotte on a business-type meeting for a few days. Wish I could have gone! But I have things to do here, and plenty of time to stitch so it's all good.

I hope this week has lots of good things in store for you!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Such beautiful pieces! Very nice work.

I have to smile about your doing laundry on a rainy day. Most people (maybe all) here in Japan don't have clothes dryers. Clothes are hung to dry. We've had a week of rain so everyone is complaining about not being able to do laundry!

Kay said...

These are both beautiful designs, I always get excited when I am this close to a finish. x

Vickie said...

Your stitching is very pretty Von. I hope you got some good rest my friend.

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your stitches look fabulous, Von. It won't be long before both are finished. I like the Peace piece. Are you using the called for colors?

butterfly said...


Love your two beautiful stiches .
Love the designs .
Look forward to seeing how you finish them.

Julie said...

Two lovely designs, Peace is so pretty