Monday, September 18, 2017

September Start

I have been starting a new project on the 17th of each month this year, and this month's start just arrived in my mailbox the other day.


Yes, I gave in to temptation, without much of a fight I'm afraid, and had the Silver Needle send me this year's Lizzie Kate Spirit of Christmas Mystery Sampler, with the beads, floss, and fabric. This mystery will come in three parts and WDW has a special floss, Oyster, and PTP dyed Heartland just for this series. The Oyster floss is a greyed lavender over-dye - very pretty and all the floss is set off nicely on the Heartland linen. I chose 32ct linen.


Here's where I left off Sunday evening, after having to do some reverse stitching - argh!! I like this first part of the mystery, and am excited about the coming additions.

On Red Velvet Inscription I completed the E square and got a good bit done on the F square.


This linen is 40ct and I'm using one strand of floss. I have such a long way to go that I am thinking about keeping it close and stitching one length of floss every day on this project. Perhaps I'll see it finished sooner that way!

Saturday evening Gary and I went to Frichette Winery's 4th anniversary party. Chazzy Green provided the music for the event - he's awesome on the sax. Good food, good wine, and good music!!

My schedule is getting filled again with the usual activities now that the new school year has begun. Yesterday we had our first choir practice, and today we started adult ESL classes. I'll be teaching Monday and Tuesday morning, level 3. This level reads at about a 1st grade level, and they need confidence and experience speaking English. This year I have Vietnamese, Kurdish (who also speaks Arabic), Burmese, and Iraqi ladies in my class. We had a great time this morning and I know we're going to have a lot of fun learning this year!

We got rain in the Northwest yesterday and with it much cooler temperatures. I heard Montana even got some snow. I hope it helped cut the fires down! At least the sky is blue again, instead of flat brown from smoke. Thank you for praying!

I hope you had a marvelous weekend. Now let's have a grand time this work week!

6 comments:

Barb said...

I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the Christmas Mystery project. It looks very pretty so far. It is so wonderful to see some rain. We actually had dirty rain yesterday. I'm sure it was ash getting washed down with the rain. That has never happened here since we moved out this way. Red Velvet is so pretty.

Robin in Virginia said...

Good start on the LK Mystery piece! The Heartland fabric is pretty. It looks like it has a yellowish tint to it. Good for you on getting the E block finished and a great start on the F one. Happy to hear you had some rain!

Brigitte said...

You made a very nice start on the Christmas mystery. With all the thread colours and the beads that you received it looks very promising.
Good that your region is getting some rain so that you can get rid or all the dirt in the air from the fires.

Pamela said...

The Mystery threads are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing your progress on it.

Carol said...

Love the beginning of the LK project--can't wait to see it grow!

Julie said...

The Christmas Mystery looks wonderful, looking forward to seeing evolve as you stitch and share.