Thursday, September 14, 2017

Keeping Up

This little guy was in my charge yesterday morning.

Isaac

It's getting increasingly more difficult to keep up with him as he's into everything he can get his hands on. His balancing skills are getting better and he's even taken a few steps, although crawling still gets him places faster. But he does enjoy playing with the toys and Max, our dog, is quite a distraction. I just love that little boy!

Beach Cottage is coming along nicely.


The words on the edge say, "Dreams are made of sand and sun." The colors Thea used in this design are delightful. But I'm putting this one aside for awhile. All the Victoria Sampler designs are gorgeous, but that entails a lot of detail. The instructions include several charts that focus on one aspect of the design, plus stitch diagrams, and a couple of pages of instructions for backstitching, and bead placement, and other stitches that embellish the design. I mark off each section of instruction as I go along. After a few days I'm ready to work on something simpler.


Digging into my WIP bag, I pulled out Red Velvet Inscription Sampler. It hasn't been out to play since March! So here is where I'm starting this play session.


I wish I could get the color rendering to be more accurate. Guess there might be some editing I could do on my phone, lol! But the fabric is so pretty, a mottled dusky pink. This square is the "E" which is located right under those flower motifs in the corners. It's quite a game to find the letter in each square.

That's it for today! Have a great stitchy day, my friends!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Cute baby. I like your WIP. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your beach cottage piece is looking good, Von. I am glad to see the BRD wip pulled out and getting some attention. I really like your thread and fabric combination. Isaac is a cutie.

Vickie said...

Isaac is so very precious.♥ Beach Cottage such is pretty.

Barb said...

Oh Von, what an adorable little boy!! That beach cottage is going to be so pretty!

Carol said...

Lovely progress on Beach Cottage--I can see why you love those colors so much! You have been so very blessed with those precious grandchildren of yours :)

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet little man, adorable.
Beach Cottage is really delightful design with the theme, the colours and the words.

Julie said...

Catching up on blog reading ... good news your family are safe after the recent bad weather, my sister-in-law has a brother in Florida, he was safe too.
Lovely stitching, Beach Cottage is fabulous.
Isaac does look adorable.

R's Rue said...

Love.