Friday, September 22, 2017

A New Stitching Accessory

Are you one of those stitchers who has that cute Ikea cart, or the look-alike from Target? For months I've been admiring those things, wanting one, but telling myself I didn't need anything more that takes up floor space. So I kept admiring and going about my business.

For awhile I had a little cart with plastic multi-colored drawers that I had next to my stitching chair to hold current supplies and WIPs. But the drawers kept coming off the rails and really there were too many drawers for that use and scroll rods didn't really fitb. So I took it downstairs to my craft area.

There's the cart to the left of my chair
I've been making do with project bags and side tables until one day I stopped in at Home Goods after my daily run to the bank for work. They had a few little carts and one went home with me!

Since I've been stitching in the living room, this cart is a little dressier and fits in well with the rest of the room. My projects on scroll rods still don't fit in the cart well, but I have a big Vera Bradley tote behind my chair that holds those.


I've since added an acrylic divided drawer organizer in the center to hold pens, scissors, extra needles, and other odds and ends that are handy to have nearby while stitching. It's a great addition to my stitching corner! As is that lighted magnifier you can see there. I've moved the other light to the basement for when I decide to have a change of scenery.

It's nice to change things up now and then!

Wishing you all a great weekend.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice looking stand, Von! What type of magnifying light is that? I really like the looks of your chair and footstool. Enjoy your weekend!

Pamela said...

It looks very smart and useful. Nice to have everything where you can reach it.

Barb said...

That looks very good! Better than my nasty big bag.

Brigitte said...

That was definitely a good find. And I'm sure it's very useful.

Carol said...

Nice find! I need to look for something like that! And your stitching chair looks extremely comfortable--I would probably relax so much I would fall asleep :)

CathieJ said...

What a great cart. My husband gets quite annoyed with all the different bags that are hanging around in different places in our house.

Julie said...

Your chair looks so comfortable, nice new storage idea.