Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Building a Cottage at the Beach

As nice as it would be to have a real cottage at the beach, I think I'm going to have to be satisfied with this little stitched version I'm working on. On this rotation, I've been working mostly on the landscaping on the left side of the cottage around to the front.


It's coming along nicely, getting in the base cross stitches before embellishing and detailing the design with lots of specialty stitches.

Here's a pic of the entire piece so far:



This morning I took my grandson Hans out for birthday shopping, however, we were not successful in finding just the right thing. Of course, it helps to have something in mind when you start. :)  So we're going out again tomorrow morning when we'll have a little more time and maybe more direction for both shopping and lunch! Hans is our oldest grandchild, now 14! What a great young man he's becoming.

Today is a little warmer, but still only in the 80s, and it's just so pleasant to go outside. Tonight I really must get out into the garden and get some deadheading done if I want any more blooms this year!

Wishing you a most lovely day!


6 comments:

Barb said...

What a pretty little beach house, I love the yellow! Good luck with your shopping. My little grandson turns 12 soon, they grow so fast!! Our weather is back to NW lovely!!! thank goodness!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, what a sweet little design this is. It really invites you to dream about the beach and the seaside.
You and Hans will certainly be more successful today on your shopping tour.

Vickie said...

This beach cottage is great! Have fun shopping with Hans. :D

Robin in Virginia said...

Your cottage is looking good, Von. Hope you have a successful shopping outing and lunch!

Pamela said...

What a sweet cottage! The colors are gorgeous.

Marilyn said...

Those VS cottages are all so cute.
Very pretty bright colors, great progress.
Marilyn