Thursday, August 17, 2017

August Year of Starts

It's the 17th so that means a new start for Stitch Maynia's Year of Starts. Last month I started the VS Beach Cottage, this month I chose a design from the 2015 JCS Ornament Issue.

Snowflower Diaries - Pure Love
This simple design by Snowflower Diaries looked like something I could finish pretty quickly, and I've been thinking i really needed to pull out a magazine design as it's been ages since I've done one.

The supplies were chosen from my stash.


The neutral linen was unmarked, so I'm not sure of the color name or count, but I think it's 32 ct. The two GA flosses were also used in A Moment In Time, the two whitish silks are brand new from a recent 123 Stitch order.

And here's where I ended this morning.



Can't wait to get home tonight to stitch on it some more!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful new start!

Brigitte said...

Such a nice choice for your new project, Von. I also try to choose designs from magazines too when looking for a new project. There are so many great designs in the magazines and they often stay hidden there.

Vickie said...

Oh! I have stitched this one. I love it. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice selection for your new Stitch Maynia start. Enjoy your weekend, Von!

Carol said...

I'm feeling the itch to start some Christmas ornaments, too, Von! I need to pull out my old JCS magazines soon :) Love your newest start--it is so simple and pretty looking. Enjoy!

Chris said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I love that Birthday band sampler, and your roses are pretty wonderful too. I am hoping once my shoulder and arm are fully healed I will b3 able to stitch again, thank you for your comment on my blog. I am hanging in there!

butterfly said...


Great new start.
Enjoy your weekend.

Julie said...

Nice new start.
Love the beach cottage.