Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Lazy Days of Summer

YThought I'd better get a July post up before August arrives. I've definitely been lazy these last few weeks regarding this blog and reading others' blogs too. Much of that reading I was doing at the office, but have had less time for that lately and when I get home the computer isn't that appealing. At home I switch to other screens, lol.


So I have made some progress on some of my stitching. First I'll share my finish of Hello Spring. I just love the color palette!




I used the recommended floss in the pattern on Cashel linen in Platinum. Platinum is such a wonderful neutral! I really enjoyed stitching this design and I may pick up the summer design sometime.




This blue is my absolute favorite color of the year I think! It's Deep Fennel by Classic Colorworks.


I also worked on Coffee Quaker.




I started stitching the motif above "I drink" with the called for color, but I think it's too close to the ground color. So I pulled a couple other flosses from my stash and began experimenting. I think I'm going to use two colors next time I pick this project up again - after I pick out the light color.


On July 17, in participation with Stitch Maynia's Year of Starts, I started Victoria Sampler's Beach Cottage. I'm using 32 ct Frozen Fractals from Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie and the acc pac I bought with the design at the VS retreat.




Yesterday was Picture This Plus' annual Christmas in July sale on their hand-dyed fabrics. I missed out last year, but did get an order in this year! I know it takes quite awhile to receive your order after this event, but I'm not in a great hurry for anything. I ordered 6 cuts of 32 and 36 ct linens, so nothing too crazy.


Well, looks like it's time for me to get ready for work. I'll be back soon!


Stitch All The Things!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! I like that blue color, but my Deep Fennel isn't blue. :( Very nice progress on your WIP and your new start. Look forward to seeing more of your Coffee Quaker!

Vickie said...

Hello Spring is sooooooo cute! Wow! The Beach Cottage colors are just fabulous!

Pamela said...

The fabrics you are working with are stunning! You have some wonderful projects in the works.

Barb said...

it looks like you have been doing some very lovely stitching. I love that one Hello Spring. Such pretty colors!

Carol said...

Absolutely love your spring finish, Von! I bought that chart because of the colors, too, but still haven't started it. I think, at this point, that it will have to wait until next spring :)

Julie said...

Lots of lovely little crosses bring out into these beauties. I do like the blue fabric.

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on these lovely WIPs.

Mary said...

Such lovely stitching and I think that Coffee Quaker is a must stitch, I can't start my day without my coffee and I love this stitch...the problem of visiting blogs is that I see more and more that I have to stitch!! I love the Hello Spring too...