Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May - Year of Starts

Today is the 17th of the month, so I started a new project for Stitch Maynia on Facebook.

Basting fabric to scroll rods

The latest start is Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplery, that very popular design released in Nashville this spring. I have chosen to stitch it on 32 ct. Vintage Country Mocha linen with the called for fibers in the chart, plus I pulled WDW Jay Bird (blue) from my stash. I don't know where I'll be adding the blue, but I think it just needs a little bit of blue! :D

So far this morning I got this much done:


I'm really going to enjoy this one!

The roses are starting to burst with blooms. Here's a few pics taken this morning.





This is the time of year when I feel like all the work I've done is worthwhile.

The big birthday celebration for all my kids is this Saturday afternoon, so I have lots to do to get ready for everyone. The garden is looking good, now to get the menu finalized!

Happy stitching everyone!

9 comments:

Pamela said...

The new project looks great so far. I love the look of 32 count linen.

Carol said...

A pretty new start! And your roses are looking lovely--sure wish we could grow them, but the two bushes that we "try" to grow just keep getting eaten by the deer!

Do you celebrate all of your kids birthdays at once? What a brilliant idea!

Vickie said...

Coffee Quaker is looking great. So is your yard for the party. Enjoy!! Happy Birthday everyone!

Robin in Virginia said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on the Coffee Quaker especially where you will be using the blue thread.

Marilyn said...

Can't wait to see more of your Coffee Quaker, it will look great with some blue in it.
Your Roses are beautiful!
Have fun planning the party.
Marilyn

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

More of my favourite fabric! I love this design too. Do you have the matching mug?

Brigitte said...

Coffee Quaker is a great new start. And I'm sure you will manage to squeeze the blue in somewhere, lol.
So great, your roses, Von.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Lovely!!

Julie said...

I love to see your rose blooms each year.